Sacbo SpA health and security policy
Health and Safety Management
SACBO is highly attentive and committed to concrete objectives of prevention in order to eliminate or limit risks for the wellbeing of its employees, every single day.
At SACBO S.p.A., safety at work is intended to keep the workplace safe, to improve the quality of working life with greater control over the workplace, to prevent illnesses and reduce the number of accidents.
The company has followed an internal policy of prevention and safety in the workplace for some time now, resulting in the OHSAS 18001 certification received on 31 August 2015.
This certification does not so much represent an achievement for SACBO S.p.A., but a starting point as it confirms the ability to constantly monitor and verify all aspects connected to safety in the workplace with the aim of continued improvement.
Health and Safety Management Policy
The protection of health and safety and the compliance with the mandatory provisions represent a fundamental value of the company.
It is the goal of SACBO S.p.A. to manage airport activities under its jurisdiction relating to: planning of airport developments, planning and provision of ground services for persons with reduced mobility ,of centralized handling services, of airport waste management, of pre-treatment sewage, airport coordination, airport emergency management, design, realization, operation and maintenance of airport infrastructure, facilities and vehicle maintenance; coordination and supervision of the airport non-aviation activities operated by third parties (business, restaurants, cleaning, parking) ;supply and quality assurance of Orio al Serio airport aeronautical data, adopting the principles for protecting health and safety, and striving to continuously improve its Health and Safety Management System.
SACBO S.p.A., through the commitment of the entire organization, aims to:
- prevent occupational accidents and illnesses;
- accurately observe the laws, regulations and other requirements applicable to its activities;
- develop and keep active a Health and Safety Management System which is adapted to achieving the principles and commitments expressed in this policy;
- identify and make available the resources necessary for the effective and efficient management of health and safety by assigning specific responsibilities;
- adopt appropriate safety standards for work organization, places of work, infrastructures, plants and equipment starting, as applicable, from the design stages;
- systematically identify hazards, assess the risks and take appropriate measures to protect, giving the highest priority to prevention;
- establish objectives and targets for the continuous improvement of the protection of health and safety, the Health and Safety Management System and its performance by developing and implementing the necessary programs
- continuously monitor the performance of the organization, and any hazardous events, accidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses;
- promote a culture of health and safety protection awareness and the involvement of all parties concerned and of the members of the organization;
- manage health and safety in a way that is integrated with the corporate management system.
This policy is periodically reviewed to ensure its relevance and appropriateness, and is communicated to all SACBO employees, as well as to its suppliers and customers.
It is available to the public, to all parties concerned and to anyone who requests it.