PREFERENTIAL LANE REGULATIONS
The preferential lane is reserved for vehicles belonging to the following categories:
1a) authorised vehicles:
- State agencies (ENAC [Italian Civil Aviation Authority], Customs, Polizia di Stato [State Police], Guardia di Finanza [Financial Law Enforcement Agency], Carabinieri [Gendarmerie], Prison Guards, Fire Service, Department of Civil Protection, ENAV [air traffic control], Airport Health Services, the Italian Red Cross, Italian Army, Navy and Air Force, Local Police);
- Diplomatic and Consular vehicles;
- Emergency vehicles only when attending emergencies;
- Airport Management vehicles.
2a) Airport operator vehicles whose registration plate must be registered (accredited):
- Chauffeured hire vehicles for transporting people (a.k.a. N.C.C.);
- Local public transport buses in regular service, and associated control vehicles;
- Contracted buses in regular service;
- Private hire coaches (not self-hire) to transport people;
- Vehicles carrying disabled persons with significantly reduced mobility, who hold authorisation issued as per Article 381, Italian Road Traffic Laws;
- Authorised service vehicles used to carry out the following categories of airport activity:
a) plant maintenance vehicles and airport works vehicles;
b) road sweepers;
c) snow ploughs;
d) emergency breakdown vehicles;
e) vehicles used for the urgent transport of medicines;
f) private security vehicles, including armoured vehicles;
g) vehicles belonging to airport medical facility staff;
h) operational vehicles belonging to Bodies, Companies and Businesses carrying out public services or Public Utilities e.g. gas, electricity, heating services, water, lighting, transport, postal services, telephony, environmental sanitation and refuse collection;
i) vehicles necessary for the functioning of the airport not included in the above categories.
- Taxis are obliged to register for access either in advance or within 6 days of transit, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to avoid incurring an administrative penalty. Drivers must provide: vehicle registration certificate, taxi licence, ID, date of transit. This procedure will allow the vehicle to be added to the lists of vehicles permitted for subsequent transits.
- For chauffeur driven hire cars (known as N.C.C.) access to the preferential lane is allowed only for the purposes of stopping to allow passengers to disembark only in specifically dedicated areas at departures. Passenger embarkation and parking are prohibited, as is stopping outside of the above areas. N.C.C. operators are obliged to register for access to the preferential lane either in advance or within 6 days of transit, sending an email to email@example.com, to avoid incurring an administrative penalty. Drivers must provide: vehicle registration certificate, rental licence, ID, date of transit. This procedure will allow the vehicle to be added to the lists of vehicles permitted for subsequent transits. Following agreement with Organisations in the Passenger Transport Sector of 01.02.2017, suitable areas for passenger embarkation have been identified at car parks P1 and P2, with special discounted tariffs.
- The Municipalised Business that provides scheduled bus services must regulate their accesses to the preferential lane in advance or within 6 days of transit, supplying SACBO S.p.A. with information about their buses. This procedure will allow the vehicles to be added to the lists of vehicles permitted for subsequent transits.
- Private bus companies that have contracts with SACBO S.p.A. may access the preferential lane on condition that they are only stopping and/or parking in the specifically dedicated areas in the arrivals area, supplying SACBO S.p.A. with the registration plates of their vehicles and paying the fee set out in the contract. If there is a change in any of the registration plates previously supplied, companies must regulate their access to the preferential lane in advance, or within 6 days of transit, supplying the new data to SACBO S.p.A.. This procedure will allow the vehicles to be added to the lists of vehicles permitted for subsequent transits.
- Coaches can access the preferential lane on condition that they are only stopping and/or parking in the specifically dedicated area in the arrivals area, paying the agreed fee. Coaches are required to regulate their access, within 6 days of transit, at the Cash Desk in car park P1, providing a copy of the vehicle registration certificate, to avoid incurring an administrative penalty. Coaches cannot stop to allow passengers to disembark in the departures area.
- Vehicles carrying disabled people, displaying the appropriate badge, must regulate their access in advance or within 6 days of transit, sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Local Police office, to avoid incurring an administrative penalty. Drivers must provide: vehicle registration certificate, disabled badge, ID, date of transit.
- For special requirements, such as maintenance or infrastructure work, SACBO S.p.A. has the right to authorise access for certain vehicles to the preferential lane for established periods of time.
Unauthorised vehicles are automatically presented to the Authorities for assessment of the penalty provided for by Italian Road Traffic Laws.
Vehicles needing to travel along the preferential lane must not exceed the maximum allowable height from the lane's roof structure. In particular, the drivers of buses and maintenance vehicles must ensure that the height of their vehicle does not exceed the maximum allowed.
Once the vehicle has accessed the preferential lane, the driver must follow the direction of traffic shown on road signage and respect the road traffic regulations. The vehicle must remain in the spaces allocated to them.
In view of the limited space available and priority of security needs, the parking of vehicles must be limited to the time necessary to fulfil institutional obligations or to carry out service.
The provisions laid down in the Italian Road Traffic Laws apply to Orio al Serio Airport's Preferential Lane for all aspects relating to road traffic. Penalties for non-compliance with these laws will be applied following a Local Police investigation, notified to the violator and managed by the respective bodies for subsequent legal formalities (notifications, injunctions, etc.); penalties issued via electronic detection systems will be managed by the Central Traffic Control of the Municipality of Orio al Serio.
3. MODIFICATIONS TO THESE REGULATIONS
SACBO S.p.A. reserves the right to supplement and amend these regulations, giving notice to ENAC, to ensure the continued safe movement of road traffic within the airport grounds. SACBO S.p.A. also reserves the right to request, from time to time, re-registration to the list of authorised vehicles, to verify eligibility.
4. COMMUNICATION AND SIGNAGE
SACBO S.p.A. will make these regulations available to users on its website and will place special road signs at the entry to the preferential lane.
5. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to and in accordance with Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30/06/2003, we inform that SACBO S.p.A. adheres to the fundamental principles of security and protection of personal data and that the data created or identified by the system is processed in a mostly automated manner, with adequate guarantees of security and confidentiality, and is directly managed by the Orio al Serio Local Police.